This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MFSnmp

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I have created a class which works on the MicroFramework which allows you to deal with Snmp packets which are in the form of byte[]'s.

The heirarchy looks like this:

SnmpType - Enum, used to provide managed representations of Bytes which represent relevant Snmp Types

ErrorStatus - Enum, used to provide managed representations of Bytes which represent the ErrorStatus field in a SnmpPacket

ByteList - sealed class, used as a byte buffer for combining byte[]'s and the like.

Variable - public class, Has properties such as Identifier, Value, Length and TypeCode, is primarily used for managed representation of the raw byte's in a byte[]

BasicEncodingRules - sealed class, all static members, used for encoding and decoding of Variables in BER format

ProtocolDataUnit - public class, Has properites such as Version, RequestId, PduType, CommunityName, ErrorStatus and ErrorIndex as well as Bindings (which is Variable[]

Example useage is as follows:

ProtocolDataUnit pdu = new ProtocolDataUnit();
pdu.PduType = SnmpType.GetRequestPdu;
pdu.RequestId = 1;
pdu.ErrorIndex = 0;
pdu.ErrorStatus = 0;
pdu.CommunityName = "private";
pdu.AddBinding("1.3.6.1.4.1.2680.1.2.7.3.2.0");
byte[] toSend = pdu.ToPacket().ToByteArray();
byte first = pdu.ToPacket().First();
byte last = pdu.ToPacket().Last();

If anyone thinks that they would be interested please let me know and I will provide the class code so that others may use it as well. 

Reguards,

Julius R. Friedman

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I'm interested... Please provide the source code!

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM

We are very interested, too. We're trying to develop a SNMP agent that raises traps whenever some kind of physical event happens.

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Hi Julius,

Did you finally provide your code ?

I'm very interested in what you've done. I need trapping and also respond to remote request (an Agent in fact) from my embedded module, and I'm trying to port the SharSnmpLib, but it require a long...long....job to achieve.

Thanks for your feedback.

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Your replies are not in vein...

I will be posting at the very least a manager / messenger for use with Snmp V1 and V2 Protocols.

Please make an issue at the Micro Framework Issue Tracker so your voices can be heard!

http://netmf.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic

I am in talks with Lorenzo regarding having my implementation included into the Micro Framework but just my saying it's a good feature is not much when your dealing with thousands of users and many potential support scenarios.

Please make an issue there and set the expectations of what is required for your application!

Sincerely,

Julius R. Friedman

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:03 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Hi Julius,

I'm also very interested in your development around SNMP. I'm also trying to port an exiting library to NETMF, but it requires many adaptations, and my lakes in SNMP packet description gives trouble....

I hope you'll be able to post your library soon, and moreover, integrate it directly in the TCP stack of MF....

Regards,

Louis

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Would it be possible for you to post it. (code or assemblies). I'd like to use it but i'm on a short schedule and needs something fast. Alternative is to write something myself for receiving and generating traps. 

Best Regards

Joakim

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Please make all requests @ http://netmf.codeplex.com/workitem/1232

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I have released a preview version of this library at the above link which is in the Net MF Issue Tracker..

http://netmf.codeplex.com/workitem/1232

Please post all feedback in that thread.