This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Zigbee module, buffer ovrflw message

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM
There is an issue with the receive data in the ZIGBEE module. I am running the code on a Fez Cobra 2 board and after a few hours, anything from 1 to 48 there is a buffer ovrflw issue.

When I get the overflow, if I stop the debugger in the receive handler, the number of bytes returned is 16384 and it retrieves the same data each time. It never recovers from this state.

I am still working out why this happens and looking for a fix.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Hi WeegieBoy,

what kind of ZIGBEE module are you using, manufacturing name, model? And if you check the bytes returned for the first requests, are they always ok?

Regards,
Michael
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I am using the Series 2 modules.

I have not yet started to debug this at the code level but a quick check shows it is receiving the data most of the time. I have 2 Zigbee modules transmitting every second and I get the data for hours but eventually it gets this buffer overflow error. I know it is from the Zigbee as I disable all my other handlers and code and leave the Zigbee running on it's own it eventually gives this error. I can then see in the receive handler the 16384 bytes read.
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM
It looks for me that something doesn't get cleared, 16384 *2 positive int range. Could you try to send a larger payload to see if it happens then more frequently?

Maybe you can send me parts of your code? What methods are you using?