This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

NodeIdentifier returns with the first character missing


I have noticed that if I set a NI in the Zigbee module and do a node indentifier search, I always get back the NODE ID string missing the first character.

Eg, I set NI in the module to WATTAGE and when a search and then read NodeIdentifier I see ATTAGE. This is repeatable with all Zigbee modules I have.

I am using XBP24BZ7 modules.


WeegieBoy wrote May 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM

As a follow up, it looks like the software is decoding the signal strength from the packet.

Looking at the Digi documentation, this byte is not in the packet.

By commenting out this line in NodeDiscover.cs the code now decodes the string identifier correctly.